Saturday, May 10, 2008

flatbread pizza (my take on Lyn's)

flatbread pizza (my take on Lyn's)
flatbread pizza
Not sure why I could never come up with something like this. Well, it's probably because I'm no good in the kitchen. My meals consist of anything I can just stick in a pan and heat up. Lyn (florspace) showed us a simple pizza-deal like this awhile ago and I finally did it myself. It was so easy and so good that I could happily make it every day.
Here's what I used, and in the order I used it:

-flatbread (this one was from Target for $4)
-chunky mushroom Ragu (the more mushrooms I can have, the better)
-deli thin mozzarella slices
-thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
-grilled chicken, cut into small pieces
-shredded mozzarella to top it all off

Then I had no idea how long to cook it so this was a guess:
20 minutes at 450
I'd say it took about 18 minutes, but that extra 2 would have been fine, I was just starving and drooling.

This made enough for my husband and me, we cut it into 6 pieces for easier eating.

I was so proud of myself that I immediately grabbed the camera as I was making it. Look, I cooked something!

7 comments:

florspace said...

Jill, this looks so goood, I'm drooling all over the screen! If only you didn't live so far away. LOL

Jill said...

:D I could say that about all the food you show! Oh, and I just sent you an email, too.

Felicia said...

Looks delicious :)

tokyobunnie said...

Happy Holidays!!! <3

Jodi Kendall said...

YUM! Great job - this pizza looks delicious. I'm a black olive pizza person, so I think I'd toss those on too :)

Jill said...

Not sure why I never thought of olives, I love them too. lol
I just realized how long I've been away, I need to start this up again. :)

annalene said...

That looks insanely good. Mushrooms! I think I need to make myself a pizza today!